Working Chance is a resource for companies seeking motivated, qualified candidates for entry- and medium-level positions.
Working Chance offers employers the support and guidance they need on how to hire women offenders.
All recruitment is about managing risk; recruiting women offenders is no exception. Over 7 million people in the UK have a criminal record, so it is likely that employers are hiring offenders without even realising it.
According to the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development), of 144 Human Resources Professionals who have knowingly employed offenders, only 8 have reported cases of re-offending.
Main benefits to employers are:
- No employment agency fees.
- Access to a wide pool of talented, reliable and loyal employees.
- No need to run CRB checks, full disclosures will be provided.
- Addresses prevailing skills shortages and problems in filling job vacancies.
- Helps employers fulfil their company's corporate social responsibility.
So, if you are an employer with a commitment to corporate social responsibility and are passionate about making a positive and sustained impact on the lives of women offenders, then please read on.